Whooa.  I didn't mean to stir a hornet's nest.

All I was saying is, if you you're buying a radeon, new, for a Linux
box, new, you'll be dissapointed.  Why?  Because the driver can't use
all of X.Org's features.  Therefore, my advice would be an nVidia.
That's why I wouldn't tell somebody to go dump money into a Radeon.

If you're getting a used card, if you're loading old hardware, we're
talking about something altogether different.

I purchased this computer months ago, and had faith that I was looking
at a month or 2 before composite.  It was much longer.  Now, I get to
choose between composite or DRI.  Of course, the card isn't worth the
$300 it was when I got it anymore.

It's just sound advice.  You'll note that I did point out that the
GeForce3 Ti500 in my, much older, desktop system, runs everything
fine.

I'm sure that ATI will come through, or, whatever.  Just, well, if you
get one RIGHT NOW, NEW, you'll be dissapointed.

Justin

Justin W. Hart