Walter Dnes wrote:
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:16:20PM -0500, Dale wrote

I used to use wvdial as well as pon and I don't recall having to be
root.  I added myself the dial-up group if I recall correctly.  It just
worked for me.

I also don't use sudo here either.  ;-)
   As I mentioned, I also have to copy a new ssmtp.conf.  I'm aware of
the -C option for ssmtp, but then I'd have to muck around with mutt when
switching between ADSL and dialup.  This way, mutt doesn't care.  It
"just works".

Ahhhh, so it's not pon that needs the permissions but another program. That makes sense. Sort of had me confused for a minute.

Don't worry, I have those minutes a lot. lol They sometimes pass pretty quick but some take a bit longer.

Dale

:-)  :-)