On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Stroller
<strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Ahh..   I've heard good things about it, but I'm under the impression
>>> it is not free (as in beer).  Is that true?
>>>
>> I don't know but I can emerge -q icc
>
> There is other non-Free software you can install with Portage.
>
> Just yesterday I was looking at games-fps/ut2003 and games-fps/ut2004 - I
> believe these require the game's installer CDs to work.
>
> I would imagine that if you were to emerge ICC it would require an activation
> key before it would compile anything, otherwise we'd all be using it.

According to the Gentoo Wiki, a free non-commercial license is
available, ICC is not fully compatible with GCC, and the list of
packages that "work well with" ICC is rather short (though that in
itself doesn't mean anything other than whoever made the wiki typed a
short list).

I have not personally tried it.