Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading from a FX-5200 with 128Mb video card to a GeForce 6200 with 512MB. It will be AGP since this is a older rig. My system is something like this:

Mobo:  Abit NF7 2.0
CPU: AMD 2500+  No overclocking
Memory:  2Gbs of 333Mhz.
Monitor:  Gateway 19" running 1280 x 1024

I think my memory is fine, it never uses all of it, or even half of it, except for caching stuff. I may try to get a 3000+ or 3200+ CPU if I can run up on a good deal. I'm thinking of doing the video card first because it is cheaper. I have also noticed that playing movies on here is getting a bit slow if I go full screen or close to full screen. I'm bad to download from youtube and then play them locally full screen or as close as it will allow.

I do use the nvidia drivers.  Currently:

nvidia-drivers-173.14.25

I'm on that one because I think I need to upgrade my kernel to use the latest one that was recently put in the tree. I'm looking at this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133328

What kind of improvement can I expect from this video card upgrade? While I am at it, the CPU upgrade won't make that much difference right? Maybe 20% or so faster or something like that?

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)