My ASUS A8V motherboard went down so I change it with another ASUS MB M2NPV
along with CPU. Both CPU's were AMD so no need to change flags.
Have two hard drives both SATA 200G and 500G
However, after trying to boot I get:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda3" or unknown-block (0,0)

In grub.conf I have:
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/kernel-current root=/dev/sda3 pci=noapi noapci
When I boot strap and run, df -h it shows all the partition correctly but all
showing as:
Size: 46G used: 30G avail: 15G

So it would seem to me the kernel does not recognized correctly large disk drives; but it this kernel worked correctly with previous motherboard (the one that failed). BIOS is showing both hard drives size: 200G and 500G
What to look for?

--
Joseph