On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 1:11 PM, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 November 2010 18:07:35 Paul Hartman wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:
>> > If the soldering isn't done correctly, the battery-pack can literally
>> > explode when put under load.
>>
>> Yeah, I don't think the savings would be big enough to justify the risk.
>>
>> I found a replacement battery online for less than USD$30 so I ordered
>> it. Hopefully it fits and holds a charge. :)
>
> Good luck :)
> If laptops would work with the same LIPO-packs that are used for Remote
> Control planes, then it would be cheaper and easier as the chargers used for
> those are better then the stuff they stick in laptops.
>
> But that's wishfull thinking

The replacement battery is good, it fits perfectly and holds over 90%
of maximum rated charge.

I booted from Sabayon KDE LiveCD and the battery meter works fine in
there, so there must be something wrong in my config. I will dig
deeper to try to identify the differences.

Thanks for all suggestions. :)