On 11/17/2010 05:13 AM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
> Am 17.11.2010 13:54, schrieb Albert Hopkins:

>>> Could you enlighten me about this?
>>> I look into man find but it says nothing about -exec + or a + operator
>>> at all. Also adding + to the command doesn't work either.
>>>

>> Which man page are you looking at?  It's in my find man page at least.

It's the section right after "-exec command {} ;"

-exec command {} +

This variant of the -exec action runs the specified command on the
selected files, but the command line is built by  appending  each
selected  file name at the end; the total number of invocations of the
command will be much less than the number of matched files.  The command
line is built in much the same way  that  xargs  builds  its
command  lines.  Only one instance of `{}' is allowed within the
command.  The command is executed in the starting directory.