On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 07:18:02AM +0000, JDM wrote:
> Have only tried CONFIG_HID_ROCCAT but this did not help. Will give the others
> a go.
>
> Not quite sure why older kernels would recognise keyboard but .39 kernel does
> not and .38 I have issues with when plugging in usb stick. Are the kernel
> guys trying to make the hardware support more specific? Or should any
> keyboard be recognised? Fascinating

When I used 2.6.39-gentoo unmounting the partitions on my Seagate
portable usb hdd took at least three to five full minutes, and a
few times shutdown took so long I resorted to powering off before
it completed. But since Sunday, when I upgraded to 2.6.39-gentoo-r1
the problem is gone.

--
caveat utilitor