john <j...@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk> [11-06-13 07:28]:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:57:11 -0500
> Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > john wrote:

> > > Thanks Dale,
> > >
> > > Good thinking. Will have a look. Did upgrade earlier in the year but
> > > will have another look.
> > >

> > Since the sticks work in other systems, they SHOULD be ok.  Then it
> > becomes a hardware issue.  If they work in a OS then it makes me
> > wonder if there is something about the BIOS itself.  Maybe the BIOS
> > has a issue that only affects it when it is being booted from.
> >
> > Just my weird thinking.
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > :-)  :-)
> > Thanks,
>
> 2.6.36 works fine
> 2.6.38-r6/r7 panic
>
> Have noticed that using device drivers as modules allows
> me to boot with memory stick already inserted. This previously would not
> work. But the problem still occurs when stick is hot plugged.
>
> So the issue is half solved???? At least I can access memory stick. So
> thanks there.
>
> Will try Vanilla sources tonight and report bug to lkml.
>
> BIOS is latest standard. SO can't upgrade there
>

> --
> --------------
> --------------
> John D Maunder
> j...@arcticwolf.myzen.co.uk

Hi John,

just an suggestion:
If trying vanilla sources it would be an idea, to download both:
The vanilla version of the kernel you have encountered problems with
and the newest shiny one: The kernel of all kernels - the king of the
road of all versions: linux-2.6.39.1
;)

...just for the case, the kernel hackers -- Linus and crew -- have
fixed the bug already.

Fingers crossed!
Best regards,
mcc