On Wednesday 22 June 2011 23:35:37 Dale wrote:

> Maybe we have something different then.  I don't have blas-reference on
> here anymore either.  My point was, disabling fortran to remove it only
> lead to other stuff being required.  I think there is more on here now
> than there was before.  So, removing fortran to get rid of bloat didn't
> help any because it just required a different set of bloat.

Maybe it's time to make a backup, then remove all USE flags from make.conf
and package.use, set your profile to default/linux/<arch>/10.0/desktop/kde
and rebuild. Alan and Neil's idea of a set of the meta-packages you want
sounds good to me too.

Then you'll really have a clean system.

I may follow suit - I built this system with kde-meta for simplicity, but of
course it now has a lot of stuff I don't want, including Fortran. I tried
rebuilding with -fortran as I said a few minutes ago, but portage wanted ifc
instead.

--
Rgds
Peter