On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:35:55 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:

> > That's not the only one. Digikam has a hard depend on clapack, which
> > requires virtual/blas and thus a Fortran compiler.
>
> Hrm. I installed kde-meta and it didn't pull in Digikam.

I didn't say it would. I meant that installing Digikam also requires
blas-reference, and therefore a Fortan compiler. Digikam is here because
I chose to install it, gcc{fortran] is here as a consequence of that
choice.

--
Neil Bothwick

Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.