On Saturday, September 17, 2011 08:45:15 AM Joost Roeleveld wrote:
> On Friday, September 16, 2011 10:53:47 AM Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
> > I think systemd gives you that in servers. With OpenRC and Apache with
> > user CGI scripts, ¿do you know how to list the httpd daemon spawned
> > processes, and only those? Remember that a CGI script can double fork.
> >
> > With systemd is a matter of:
> >
> > systemctl status apache-httpd.service
>
> Did you look at the output of pstree?
> Try "pstree -pu" and you see all the PIDs and whenever there is a "user-
> switch", it also lists the new user.

Had a quick look to get a more detailed list:

Specifically only for apache:
# pstree -pu `cat /var/run/apache2.pid`

"/var/run/apache2.pid" gets the PID for the parent process automatically.

With this list, I can get a more detailed picture of which process calls which
child-process / thread and which user(s) are used for which process.

--
Joost