On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-10-04, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Right. ??And what about non-windows, non-Unix systems that don't have
>>> any thingy to call?
>>
>> Then you don't have an operating system.
>
> Yes, I do.

Then any boot loader will need to call something to start it.
Understand this: any Linux/Unix init system (systemd, SysV, Upstart,
OpenRC) is simply a program... that the Linux kernel itself executes.
That's the init= command line in the kernel.

The bootloader calls an operating system. The init system (if at all)
that the OS uses doesn't matter: so if you have an operating system,
any bootloader should be able to boot it (bearing things like being
able to understand the filesystem etc.)

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés