On 28/12/2011 1:30 PM, W.Kenworthy wrote:
If its only one app, why not use a small vm (qemu, vbox etc.)? - best of
both worlds.

Basically because I've done nothing with these thingies and have no experience with them and therefore didn't think of them...... Might be worth looking into - got a link to a "20 words or less" intro?

Also, why only on Suse? - you can often work around differences with
ld-preload and other tricks.

The third party app is under development, I'm tying some stuff into it, and things are a bit fluid at the moment. I think basically taking a couple of hours to set something up once and that's it is quicker than trying to work around library problems that will arise in an ongoing manner.

BillK

        Andrew