bunyip ~ # esearch VirtualBox
[ Results for search key : VirtualBox ]
[ Applications found : 8 ]

*  app-emulation/virtualbox
      Latest version available: 4.0.12
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 67,936 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.virtualbox.org/
enterprise as well as home use
      License:     GPL-2

I'd recommend vbox then ... just works.  Almost as easy as dual boot and
less risk to the base system (i.e., getting the disk order wrong on
install and overwriting the existing OS) - by the way sharing your home
directory (vs /home as a different user) is fraught - many apps use
different configs depending on versions - 'evolution' for instance could
really break your email as later versions switch to a database format
and subsequent versions fiddle with it.

Install it, open vbox-manager from the menu and create a new VM with
whatever specs you want, put the CD for suse in and point the Vbox CD to
it in setup and "go".  You might need to read up on kernel options for
virtualisation if you have a customised kernel vs genkernel to get the
best (almost native) performance.

Love vms for dev work - snapshot it regularly so you can wind back the
clock when necessary ...

BillK