Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
The 03/01/12, Alan McKinnon wrote:

If you go back through the list archives you will find the enormous
thread that caused Walter to start down this road in the first place.
His efforts are an attempt to deal with the gigantic bloat-fest that
the udev devs seem to revel in.
If you go back through the list archives you will find that I'm envolved
in this thread. ,-p

Walter is doing fine work, he should be supported in this.
It's free software so everybody can feel free to support him, of course.
I think it's time consummed in the wrong road. I'm a bit curious how
long this alternative can survive. :-)

Personally, I hope to turns out to be a replacement for udev, if for no other reason than to be a poke in the eye of the fedora dev that started this crap to begin with.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"