On 02/14/2012 06:47 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
> FYI Gentoo's GRUB 0.9x in portage has supported GPT for at least 2 or
> 3 years now. I'm using it with GPT partitions and my systems all boot.
> :)

Not all distributions do.  I have been running GPT for quite some time,
while I only switched to Gentoo (relatively) recently.

That said, I also stopped using GRUB 0.9x when GRUB 1.9x became stable
enough to deploy widely, since I was quite tired of fixing broken GRUB
setups (almost never my own, mind).

Since the so-called "mainstream" distributions switched to GRUB 2, I
take a lot less calls for "my system stopped booting".  Now most of
those are Windows breakages.  :-)

        --- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”