On 2012-05-21 5:00 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
On 05/21/2012 03:27 PM, Michael Hampicke wrote:
I updated udev from 171-r5 to 171-r6 and now i get several udevd
  boot message as : udevd[1389]: can not find
'/lib/udev/rules.d/90-network.rules': No such file or directory
udevd[1389]: can not find '/lib/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules': No
such file or directory ...................... and so on.

/lib is a symlink pointing to /lib64. /lib64/udev/rules.d is ok
with all the rules that udevd does not find at boot.

No I would guess it was because of the upgrade of
sys-apps/baselayout to 2.1-r1. Things got crazy here with that
upgrade. I had to re-merge every package with files under /lib/ In
  your case re-merging udev should to the trick.

The package clearly informed you that you need to reboot for things to
work properly

"You should reboot the system now to get /run mounted with tmpfs!"

Have a look on pkg_postinst() function in that ebuild. You chose to
ignore it and this is why you had these problems after the update.

<pet-peeve>
I asked about this a while back but never got a decent answer...

*Especially* for servers, there really, REALLY needs to be a way to see this kind of warning BEFORE updating... ie, the warning should be printed to the screen during an 'emerge -pvuDN world' or something, so I know that a reboot will be required for this update.
</pet-peeve>