On 2012-05-23 12:49 PM, Alex Schuster <wo...@wonkology.org> wrote:
Tanstaafl writes:

*Especially* for servers, there really, REALLY needs to be a way to see
this kind of warning BEFORE updating... ie, the warning should be
printed to the screen during an 'emerge -pvuDN world' or something, so
I know that a reboot will be required for this update.
</pet-peeve>

Indeed! I think eselect news read should show this, at least.

That would work for me... anytime I saw an update for system critical stuff (like baselayout or udev or openrc) I'd be sure to check things...

As it stands, I'm now very glad for my self imposed policy of waiting a few days for critical things like this...