On 2012-05-23 5:25 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
On 05/23/2012 05:24 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
*Especially*  for servers, there really, REALLY needs to be a way to see
this kind of warning BEFORE updating... ie, the warning should be
printed to the screen during an 'emerge -pvuDN world' or something, so I
know that a reboot will be required for this update.
</pet-peeve>

This kind of messages are also printed at the end of -uDNav world so if
you scroll your screen up you can see all the warning/log messages from
every package that you have updated. Also, these kind of messages are
logged in/var/log/portage/

Ummm... yes, I know that, I get my elogs via email...

You must have missed the words 'BEFORE updating' above... I put BEFORE in caps, not sure what else I could have done to make it more plain... ;)