On Oct 26, 2012 3:14 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pandu Poluan wrote:
>>

>> On Oct 25, 2012 10:08 AM, "Michael Mol" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > http://lwn.net/Articles/521022/
>> >
>> > Links to relevant analysis. Useful comments. 'nuff said.
>> >
>> > --
>> > :wq
>>
>> Nice find, thanks. But the update to that article which gave a link to
Theo T'so email is quite unnerving. He said that his initial hypothesis had
not been proven and he himself is back in the dark.

>> Not much confidence in ext4 for the time being for me. Back to reiserfs?
;-)

>> Rgds,
>> --
>

> Or just don't update the kernel until it is fixed. After all, if the
kernel you are using works and is not a serious security problem, just use
it for a while.  They will fix it pretty soon I'm sure.

Unfortunately, since Ted T'so himself couldn't even pinpoint what's wrong,
how can I be sure that other kernel versions are unaffected?

Rgds,