Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 07:24:54PM -0500, Michael Mol wrote
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
>>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:20:42PM -0600, Dale wrote
>>>   BTW, this has hit Slashdot...
>>> http://linux.slashdot.org/story/12/11/16/2052203/gentoo-developers-fork-udev
>> Be sure to read Richard Yao's response:
>> http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=3256499&cid=42006113
>   I understand that he's still getting the effort organized.  I am not a
> C programmer, but if the effort needs any beta testers, I'm willing to
> volunteer.  BTW, it looks like Lennart Poettering is more unpopular than
> Steve Ballmer on Slashdot.

Thing I like about the fork, if people get fed up with udev, udev falls
flat on its face or something else causes udev to fail, we have a udev
already ready.  That statement may not be true for another couple months
or so but at least there is a Gentoo plan B.

Also, I can get rid of dracut too.  ;-)

Walter, I wonder how much your work helped this along?  If you had not
stepped up and did what you have done, then this fork may have never
happened.  You could have at least let others know there are people
looking for something else.  If so, thanks for that.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!