> Thankfully, I've never had to
> maintain systems whose disks were small and low performing enough that
> it actually mattered to separate / from /usr.

So you don't understand it much at all. Actually many of lennarts pages
such as his security.html are full of wildly incorrect claims and
innaccurate assumptions and feature plagiarism leading me to believe
he doesn't have much experience outside of coding. Going back in time
his claim of pulse audio being good for professional audio was also
completely off the mark. Seperating Gnome and pulse can now cause pro
audio users on binary distro's major headaches too. I pointed one
fellow in the direction of a pro audio on gentoo tutorial rather than
deal with some new problems a little after systemd hit Arch.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)