Am 06.02.2013 08:19, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> Sorry for answering so late; long weekend in here.

No problem ... I had other issues here and so far it is just OK to use
xdm.service instead.

btw. even with xdm there is a pretty slow startup of gnome (time between
hitting enter after the password and a working gnome-shell) ...

Over the last days I pretty much rebuilt most of that machine ...

>> 10:59:25.755: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-session:c6
>> (system bus name :1.28 [gnome-shell --mode=gdm], object path
>> /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale de_DE.UTF-8)
>>
>> Nothing more.
>
> I was expecting more from that.
>
>> The gdm.log is empty.
>
> That is weird; if you ran gdm outside of systemd, with the --nodaemon
> option, the program should print everything to stdout and/or stderr,
> and then &> should capture it.

I will retry this asap ... but not right now ... maybe later this day.

> I'm running out of ideas. What does the file /etc/pam.d/gdm-password contains?

# cat gdm-password
#%PAM-1.0
auth       optional    pam_env.so
auth       include     system-local-login
account    include     system-local-login
password   include     system-local-login
session    include     system-local-login

Stefan