Am 06.02.2013 18:18, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> What's the difference between the users stef and sgw?

sgw is my everyday-user with dozens of dot-dirs cumulated over years. It
is the user I work with every day.

stef is a new and "empty" user I created lately to check things with
this gdm-topic. stef has no old stuff in its home-dir but fails to login
as well as sgw.

> What do you mean
> by "I use "su" within my terminator-sessions very often"?

For my work I prefer x11-terms/terminator over gnome-terminal, it allows
me to run multiple gnome-terminals in one window.

I login to gnome as user sgw ... open up a terminator ... and if I need
root privileges for doing stuff I run "su" within the terminator session.

ok?

Greets, Stefan