On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 2013-02-09 19:56, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> AFAI understand these 2 lines should be enough to let systemd generate
>> its relevant unit-files etc.
>>
>> Right?
>
> Additional thoughts:
>
> Is pam_mount obsolete with systemd?

I don't know if "obsolete" is the correct definition, but it is not
installed in any of my systems.

> It is possible to mount my /home via systemd-unit as well ... the
> difference seems to be that systemd would (try to) mount it at boot-time
> while with pam_mount it would be mounted at login.

You can mount almost all partitions with system units; there was a
discussion some days ago about getting rid of /etc/fstab for the
embedded case and stuff like that. Also, you can set the .mount unit
for your $HOME, and make the gdm service depend on it (it would be
mounted at gdm startup, not at session startup, though).

> Thoughts? Experiences?

I have never used pam_mount; what's the upside? Just delaying the
mounting (and perhaps fsck'ing) of the partition until session login?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México