On Wednesday 20 Feb 2013 20:27:13 v...@ukr.net wrote:
>   Hello!
>   Since I have been unable to insert audio and video files into my
> LO-4.0 presentations since the time of upgrade, I just wanted to ask if
> somebody is more lucky with multimedia files in LO-4.0 on Gentoo.
>
>   If somebody got this working, could you please share a recipe?
>
>   Thanks!
>     Vladimir

Someone here mentioned that installing openjdk-7-jre allowed him to embed
videos:

http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/854/what-video-formats-does-
libreoffice-impress/

This seems to be a buggy issue for various versions and platforms.  I don't
have java to be able to insert anything in Impress-3.6.4.3, it just comes up
with "The format of the suggested file is not supported" when I tried an avi
file.

--
Regards,
Mick