On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:51:08 +0000
Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 Feb 2013 22:30:05 v...@ukr.net wrote:
> >   Hello!
> >  . . .
> >   I have no problems inserting (and playing) media files into
> > LO-3.6.4.3 Impress, and I do not have Java installed. LO-3.6 plays
> > nicely with media-plugins/gst-plugins-ffmpeg-0.10.13-r2, so I wonder
> > why LO-4.0 does not.
>
> Ah!  Was missing that plugin - this explains it.

  Yes, but having the media-plugins/gst-plugins-libav-1.0.5 plugin for
gstreamer-1.0.5 does not solve the problem for LibreOffice-4.0. It
cannot recognize any multimedia files I try to open, although it
supposed to work with gstreamer-1.x series as they claim.
  Oh, and by the way, I asked my friend who uses LO on a Windows
machine and he told me that inserting multimedia files into LO-4
documents works just fine for him. So it really seems like a
Gentoo-related problem (or maybe even more generally --
GNU/Linux-related problem). Isn't it connected to the recent switch
from FFMpeg to Libav on Gentoo, by the way?

  Vladimir

-----
 <v...@ukr.net>