> >> I don't use wine. For a lot of good reasons.
> >>
> > Name one.
> >
> fat, slow and buggy. Do you need more? If I really had an application
> that I must use and is windows only - I would install windows. That
> is a lot quicker and less painful than that wine crapfest shitting
> all over the place.

I agree with a lot of good reasons primarily around security but I have
to say I don't agree with this.

Wine is far faster that Virtualbox or rebooting.

Take adding bookmarks to pdfs which I sorted out yesterday. Install
foxit on windows copy the directory to wine (install failed for me) and
bang, sorted.

Perhaps the latest poppler and okular can do bookmarks properly now?
but there are other commercial apps required thankfully falling one by
one.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)