On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Pavel Volkov <negai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 28 July 2013 03:22:02 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>> William Hubbs closed bug #409385[1] as fixed, introducing
>> virtual/service-manager and adding it to the @system set, and dropping
>> OpenRC from baselayout's post dependencies.
>>
>> Therefore, as of today, anyone can have a Gentoo machine with only
>> systemd, with no OpenRC installed.
>
> Really? Bug 373219 is still open.

Yeah, and as I said in my original mail

"Also, without OpenRC we don't have /etc/init.d/functions.sh , but you
can use the alternatives provided in my overlay or in bug #373219[3].
I'm pretty sure someone will close that bug pretty soon."

Basically, download elog-functions.sh (or any other alternative
provided in the bug, there are several), and put it in
/etc/init.d/functions.sh.

Problem solved, or at least until someone closes 373219.

Besides, /etc/init.d/functions.sh only really affects you when using
python-updater, gcc-config, or similar tools.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México