On 07/31/2013 03:25 AM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
> On 31/07/2013 09:48, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>> I want to become a dev, what's my next step? There is none. Help out,
>> and maybe someone will notice you? Ok, I'm on it. Been doing it for
>> years, and I know several other people in the same situation. It doesn't
>> work, and recruitment numbers are plummeting.
>>
>> There needs to be an explicit, documented process.
> I agree, it's not really concrete.
>
> Which projects/areas are you usually involved in?

I'm not heavily involved in any one project. I proxy maintain,

  * net-dns/djbdns
  * net-dns/rbldnsd

I wrote at least three programs that are in the tree whose maintenance I
would be happy to take over:

  * xfce-extra/xfce4-hdaps
  * sys-apps/apply-default-acl
  * app-emacs/nagios-mode

In sunrise, I have,

  * app-antivirus/clamav-unofficial-sigs
  * net-mail/amavis-logwatch
  * net-mail/postfix-logwatch

Lately I've been submitting things to the gentoo-haskell overlay. Most
haskell ebuilds can be generated automatically, so this is simply a
matter of running hackport merge <program>, and sending a pull request.
Another program I wrote lives in the overlay:

  * net-misc/hath

And I would be happy to maintain a number of Haskell libraries that I
use in my day-to-day-development (mostly numerical stuff and deps of my
programs).

In my personal overlay, there are a few more packages:

  * app-emacs/vbnet-mode
  * app-emacs/visual-basic-mode (bug #445370)

There are a few minor bugs in my bugzilla list that I could easily take
care of. Long-term, I have a professional interest in fixing mpm-itk in
apache-2.4.x.