On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM, »Q« <boxc...@gmx.net> wrote:
> It looks like maybe the best way to tell which ebuilds support which
> kernels is to read the conditional for the ewarn message in each
> ebuild.

If this sort of problem spreads it might be good to build into portage
some kind of blocker/keyword mechanism so that users need not deal
with this.... not that I have any appreciation for the work involved.

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/philosophy.xml

The goal of Gentoo is to design tools and systems that allow a user to
do that work as pleasantly and efficiently as possible, as they see
fit. Our tools should be a joy to use, and should help the user to
appreciate the richness of the Linux and free software community, and
the flexibility of free software.

Kind of funny... Gentoo's mandate is sort of at odds with itself.  A
joy to use while simultaneously giving full flexibility.

Chris