hasufell wrote:
> On 08/25/2013 06:34 PM, Mick wrote:
>>
>> I've been always running ATI Radeon cards, by accident rather than design.
>> was thinking of moving to NVidia on a new box to be built soon, because of
>> the
>> many accolades that I have read on the Internet, but reports of problems
>> like
>> this make me pause for thought.  Sure it's not major borkage, but it is an
>> inconvenience.  How do NVidia users manage such problems?  Trial and error?
>>
> Sort of. When I hit a nice spot with a kernel/nvidia-driver combination,
> then I do not update both for quite a while.

I rarely have issues with them installing.  I may find some odd bug but
not a clash with kernel and driver.  Then again, I don't update my
kernel very often either.  I did make it to 3.9.5 a little while back.

I do recall reading about issues with the 3.10.* kernels tho.  I think
something moved or something and Nvidia needed to update the drivers.

I would usually say I am lucky but folks that know me know better than
that.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!