On 10/21/2013 02:13 AM, Dale wrote:
> Tyan is a mobo I have heard good things about.  I think someone gave me
> a puter to repair once that had a ASUS mobo.  It seemed to be a nice
> mobo.  Pity the guys house caught fire from the central heat tho.  I'm
> open to ideas here.
>
> Basically, I want to make sure this is going to meet my expectations for
> years to come.  If it won't, time to switch.
>
> Thanks to all for the help.  I figured I was missing something in the
> kernel but wasn't expecting this, not from Gigabyte at least.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)
>
> --
> I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
> you interpreted my words!

I also like the Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards. I was sticking with
Intel desktop and workstation boards but now they discontinued them back
to what I knew...

I've only got one recommendation for ASUS: Stay far away from their
gaming boards. They're unstable as hell.

I also have an ASRock motherboard (budget board) for one of my computers
around here, it's not a bad board either.

The only really bad experience I had was with ECS. Garbage boards.

Dan