On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 05:33:34AM -0500, Dale wrote:

> Anyway, I still need to check into some things. The edges of the
> screen on my TV is cut off.  It's not much but just enough that it
> will cause issues if I try to do some things on the TV.

I have the very same thing with a very old Radeon X200SE in an old PC
that I got from a company write-off.
Video ouput (via VGA) was skewed to one side, so I called the monitor’s
auto-adjust to compensate. Then I installed Windows for some gaming and
lo, this time the output was skewed to the other side. So the monitor
was alright, instead the card was misconfigured. While the graphics
driver for Windows has a neat graphical tool to configure this offset, I
(currently) don't know of an equivalent in Linux country.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

“Privacy laws are our biggest impediment to us obtaining our
objectives.” — Michael Eisner, CEO of Disney, 2001