On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 05:20:12AM +0200, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote

> was updated and I installed Linux 3.12.17 (vanilla) and recompiled
> the nvidia-drivers and finally the X11-modules, a really annoying
> thing happened:
>
> When a program uses the screen overlay technique (right word???) to
> display (mainly) videos (me-tv, flashplayer, Blender while rendering)
> ANY and everything on any desktop, which has a black background (mutt,
> urxvt to only name a few) displays the video even the video
> application runs on a different desktop.
>
> Handling the desktops then becomes a masterpieces of focus and
> counting.... ;)
>
> I am using openbox, nvidia-drivers, linux 3.12.17 vanilla, me-tv,
> flashplayer, blender (daily build taken from blenders buildbot).
>
> What can I do to get rid of this effect?

  This seems to be a common problem with nvidia video cards using the
nvidia binary blobs.  I ran into it some time ago.  If you don't want to
get rid of the nvidia card, try the Nouveau open-source drivers.  You
won't get all the acceleration that the Nvidia binaries provide, but at
least you probably won't get the problems you have now.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>