Am 16.05.2014 13:56, schrieb Bruce Schultz:

>> I ask because in all my reorganizing furor I also thought that now
>> with btrfs only I could get rid of "lvm mdraid" as dracut-modules.
>> I can try ... ;-) (don't call me "ricer")
>
> If you have a multi-disk btrfs, I think you need to add the btrfs
> dracut module. At least that's how I remember it, but its been a
> while & my memory could be failing me, or it could well have changed
> since then.

I currently have in /etc/dracut.conf:

add_dracutmodules+="bash systemd"
hostonly="yes"
hostonly_cmdline="yes"

and am able to boot via grub2 and efi, that means,

/boot/efi (vfat) on /dev/sda1 (sda is the SSD)

and

/ as btrfs-subvol on /dev/sda2 (with /boot as directory on it).

So no multi-disk btrfs for / or /boot on this machine.

-

removing "lvm mdraid" from dracut slimmed down the initrd from around
6.8 MB to 5.5 MB ... nice, but not necessary as Canek mentioned.

I just "play" with it to learn and understand even better.

I am not sure what the module "systemd" does or is good for, and

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html#dracut.kernel

does look scary and didn't tell me more about that module yet.

I will read more when I find the time, for now it works very well here.

Stefan