On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:02:21 +0200, Frank Schafer wrote:

> I'm wondering why there are these 4 digit numbers in front of the name
> of each log file. This makes it hard to find the log for a single
> package by name.

Maybe some internal feature of portage?

> What about changing the logfile names to:
> package-version.log
> package-version.msg?

I like the idea of giving the two logs different names, it would make
parsing this information with a script much easier. You'd still need some
sort of unique identifier in the names, because you could merge the same
package version more than once. But naming the files .log and .msg would
at least allow the same identifier for both files for the same merge.

--
Neil Bothwick

This virus requires Microsoft Windows XP