On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2014 21:27:47 James wrote:
>> Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>> > Any other idiotic ideas?
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> JUST GO FUCK OFF!
>>
>> If you cannot respondd in a cilized form, then PLEASE
>> Just ingnore the post....
>>
>> ASSHOLE!
>
> There's no excuse for language like that in a public forum.
>
> Welcome to my kill-file.

Uh, wow.  I stopped reading this thread about a dozen posts ago before
stumbling on this, and it looks like this thread has only gone
downhill.

Some friendly advice for all:
1.  If you see something designed in a way that doesn't seem right, it
isn't wise to initially conclude that the designers are idiots.
2.  Approaching the designers and suggesting to them that they don't
know what they're doing will have fairly predictable results.
3.  If you see somebody ignoring #1-2, don't feed the troll.  Either
answer the question, ignore the post, or just politely point out that
the original post wasn't made in a helpful manner.
4.  We're not in middle school any longer.  If anybody here does
happen to be in middle school, the fact that you figured out how to
subscribe to a mailing list puts you in the 99th percentile already,
so try for the 99.9th percentile by acting like an adult anyway and
the world might one day belong to you.

This list exists so that those who use Gentoo can interact, ask
questions, and ideally get answers.  Stuff like this just makes people
not want to read the list, and that tends to disproportionately
include those who are actually able to offer the most help.  Most devs
do not read -user, and stuff like this doesn't help with that.  If we
want to lower the barrier to contribution, part of that is going to
involve making contribution more constructive.

--
Rich