Hi,

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:06:32 +0200 Tomas Mozes wrote:
> On 2014-10-18 23:16, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > Am 18.10.2014 um 06:17 schrieb Philip Webb:
> >> I just installed Kernel 3.17.0 (gentoo-sources)
> >> & noticed there are specific options for Gentoo right at the
> >> beginning.
> >> Are we really privileged to have our own place in kernel-land
> >> or have these been added by the Gentoo devs ?
> >>

> > and that is why I don't use gentoo-sources.
>
> Out of curiosity, may I ask why?

My 2 cents here.

1) In the past I had hardly traceable issues with gentoo-sources
which were not present in vanilla kernels. I just switched back to
vanilla.

2) Gentoo-sources are sometimes behind vanilla kernel. Due to some
derivative from Murphy's law this always happens when I need some
new features.

3) I looked over patches in gentoo-sources and found none I'm
interested into. (That doesn't mean they are useless, just not my
usecases.)

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko