On 10/11/14 13:04, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 9/26/2014 1:04 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On 25/09/14 22:03, James wrote:
>>> I'd be better of with a fresh install of  lilblue + musl + eudev
>>> is what you are really saying here?
>> that's the only usecase for eudev currently, yes, otherwise you have no
>> reason to switch
> Hi Samuli,
>
> So, is the above still true?

Yes, it's still true, there is no reason to change away from sys-fs/udev
except for sys-libs/musl use,
and even then, I'd be happy to accept musl compability patches for
sys-fs/udev's ebuild, but the
sys-libs/musl maintainer decided to put his work to sys-fs/eudev
instead. So unless some user
does the work for him...

I wouldn't worry about it at all, there is no way *sys-fs/udev ebuild*
will ever need systemd. There
might be a news item later, with instructions on moving to something
else, but that's not something
we are even planning at the moment, so sys-fs/udev is still the de facto
proper upstream /dev
manager.