On 11/11/14 07:20, Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 05:48:49PM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote
>
>> I wouldn't worry about it at all, there is no way *sys-fs/udev ebuild*
>> will ever need systemd. There might be a news item later, with
>> instructions on moving to something else, but that's not something we
>> are even planning at the moment, so sys-fs/udev is still the de facto
>> proper upstream /dev manager.
>   What worries me is that Lennart has been able to get modifications
> done to the kernel, e.g. kdbus.  I know this'll sound paranoid, but how
> long before he pushes a patch that requires systemd to run the linux
> kernel?

I expect systemd-udevd to be migrated into kdbus, which means libudev,
libgudev-1.0 and the
systemd-udevd binary itself will likely need the libsystemd-bus library,
which we will then package
and ship together with sys-fs/udev
Or if systemd-udevd binary starts requiring a running service of some of
the systemd services,
then we will make those available as well and run the from the
udev-init-scripts, or possibly
even adjust sys-apps/openrc to compensate for the inadequaties

Just trying to say, that even with kdbus pending, I'm not worried at all

- Samuli