James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:

> So on one particular (openrc) system, I have no interest in grub-2
> or any other bootloaders. I see grub is both grub 1 and grub 2.

So some vintage installs/upgrades got me thinking. What does Grub-2
offer that grub-1 does not. I cannot think of anything that I need
from Grub-2 not mbr, nor efi board booting. Not dual/multi booting
as grub-1 excels on that, and not on drives larger than 2 T.

So what is the (hardware scenario)  where grub-2 and it's problems
are superior to grub-1?  I'm having trouble thinking of that
situation.......?

James