On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:20:34AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
> 150828 Rich Freeman wrote:
>
> > git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > /tmp/log.txt
>
> Tested as user :
>
>   690: ~> git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > tmp/log.txt
>   fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>   Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

You would need to change the gentoo repo in repos.conf to sync with git
instead of rsync (or whatever you're currently using).

> I hope it's not going to be a requirement for Gentoo users
> that they become experts in using Git.

Not normal users, no. Anyone who is trying to debug issues with
ebuilds/portage is not a `normal user', but performing the functions of
a developer and therefore should have a minimal knowledge of the
relevant development tools.

Alec