Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:20:34AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>> 150828 Rich Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > /tmp/log.txt
>> Tested as user :
>>
>>   690: ~> git whatchanged /usr/portage/sys-libs/ncurses > tmp/log.txt
>>   fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
>>   Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
> You would need to change the gentoo repo in repos.conf to sync with git
> instead of rsync (or whatever you're currently using).
>
>> I hope it's not going to be a requirement for Gentoo users
>> that they become experts in using Git.
> Not normal users, no. Anyone who is trying to debug issues with
> ebuilds/portage is not a `normal user', but performing the functions of
> a developer and therefore should have a minimal knowledge of the
> relevant development tools.
>
> Alec

I'm as far away from being a developer as one can get and even I go dig
sometimes.  It seems git is going to put a stop to that tho.  o_O   I
have yet to make any sense of this git stuff.  I'm not complaining about
the change just pointing out that I haven't figured out the change yet,
and may not ever.

Dale

:-)  :-)