On 12/19/2015 12:57 PM, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
[snip]

>> It seems I'm not the only one:
>> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1034770-highlight-localmount.html
>>
>> "The problem was openrc-0.18.4. When I downgraded to openrc-0.16.4 the
>> problem went away."
>>
>> Now, I can not downgrade without eth0 working.
>> Do I need to boot strap and downgrade or is there is easier solution?
>>
>> --
>> Thelma
>>

> Here is a news item that explains the situation.
>
> 2015-10-07-openrc-0-18-localmount-and-netmount-changes
>   Title                     OpenRC-0.18 localmount and netmount changes
>   Author                    William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org>
>   Posted                    2015-10-07
>   Revision                  1
>
> The behaviour of localmount and netmount is changing on Linux systems.
> In the past, these services always started successfully. However, now they
> will fail if a file system they attempt to mount cannot be mounted.
>
> If you have file systems listed in fstab which should not be mounted at
> boot time, make sure to add noauto to the mount options. If you have
> file systems that you want to attempt to mount at boot time but failure
> should be allowed, add nofail to the mount options for these file
> systems in fstab.

This is my fstab:
/dev/hda1               /boot           ext2            noauto,noatime
1 1
/dev/hda3               /               ext3            noatime
0 1
/dev/hda2               none            swap            sw
0 0
/dev/hda4               /home           ext3            noatime
0 1

/dev/hdd                /mnt/cdrom      auto            noauto,ro,users
0 0
/dev/hdd                /mnt/dvdr       auto         noauto,users            0 0

# Scanner
none   /proc/bus/usb   usbfs           defaults,devmode=0666   0 0

none                    /proc           proc            defaults
0 0

Does it mean I should add: "nofail" to Scanner and "/proc" line?

--
Thelma