Nick Rout wrote:
> OTOH your approach has problems in that not all files reside on gentoo
> mirrors, some reside on sourceforge or other more obscure places.

Yup. I know.

I did it that way because I used to have dialup (I'm on cablemodem now) and
the only places I knew with broadband were using Windows, so I just made a:

G:
wget -i list.txt

G: was my 1GB pendrive :-P

> run:
>
> for package in `cat packlist` ; do DISTDIR="/where/ever/i/want"
> GENTOO_MIRRORS="local /usr/portage/distfiles" USE="-* `cat B.uselist`
> emerge --nodeps -f =$package; done

Good approach. I haven't tested but it should work.

> Certainly, like most of linux, there is more than one way to do it. :-)

That's why I like Linux ;-)

Best regards,
Norberto