For some reason, on one box, whenever I start vim it puts
":0000/0000/0000" on the command line. I've looked in vimrc and can't
see any reference to this. Hitting Enter yields "E486: Pattern not found
:0000"

I've noticed that it's been behaving strangely but I cannot figure out
the cause. Last time I noticed something odd was when I commented out
something in package.mask (with #) and saved it. Portage complained it
was invalid and when I opened it again the '#' changed to 'g'.

I've removed and reinstalled vim packages, no luck.

Has anyone seen this?

Dan