Am 17.12.2016 um 15:58 schrieb Rich Freeman:
> Well, how much did you pay for systemd, and who did you pay it to?

And there it is. The second most stupid and second most frequently
argument of those Poettering fanboys.

You don't expect an answer to this, do you?

> And as far as how to switch to something usable goes, the last time I
> checked sysvinit was still open source.

And what? Systemd is open source, too, but is a pain in the ass.

>> So tell me, how to get rid of systemd on Arch Linux, Debian, Raspbian,
>> XBian, Ubuntu, Fedora etc. in their most recent releases.
>>

> Are you willing to:
> 1. Do the work yourself?

What is that supposed to mean? I just asked you to tell me how to get
rid of systemd on those distros. If you explain it to me, I of course do
it myself.

> 2. Pay somebody else to do the work for you?

And there it is again this stupid argument.

> This really comes across as whining because a bunch of volunteers
> decided to volunteer their time building things the way they would
> prefer to build it, instead of the way you preferred that they build
> it.

And the next of those stupid arguments of those Poettering fanboys if
they are running out of "technical" arguments. But aren't the Poettering
fanboys regularly asking for "technical" arguments? Then xhy don't you
give such silly answers instead of "technical" one? And why do just
explain to me how to get rid of systemd on recent distros? A links would
probably do it, too.

> If you don't like the options out there, then make your own.

And the next silly argument which always comes from these Poettering
fanboys. As if everybody is a programmer, and as if everybody who uses a
computer and/or Linux has to be a programmer.

Still no "technical" argument. Don't you Poettering fanboys always ask
for "technical" arguments? Why again such a silly non-technical argument?

> If you don't think the guides on how to install Gentoo on a Pi are
> good enough, then play around with it until you figure it out, and
> then post an article on the Wiki.

Didn't you read my e-mail? I don't want to have Gentoo on my Pi, because
this would destroy the advantage of the Pi, its low power consumption.

Well, maybe I will install Gentoo on the Pi once, just for fun, but
that's not the question here.

I didn't ask for a howto for installing Gentoo on a Pi, I asked for a
howto for getting rid of systemd on recent versions of Arch Linux,
Debian, Raspbian, Ubuntu, Fedora etc. You said it's possible and I'm not
forced to use systemd, so I guess you know how and can explain it to me.

Btw., would have cost you not more time than writing those silly answers
that every Poettering fanboy regularly gives since the beginning.

Still nothing has changed so far.

> Look around Gentoo, or Arch, or Debian.  Everything you see is the
> result of somebody sacrificing their time to create something and make
> it free for everybody.  If something seems to be missing, it is
> because somebody didn't sacrifice their time to create it.  If you
> care strongly about something, then at some point you need to get your
> hands dirty and create the future you want to see.

Those stereotypical silly answers of the Poettering fanboys have been
boring from the beginning and still are boring.

I just asked you a simple question, about something you volunteered
information about.

You volunteered saying that it is possible to switch from systemd to
another system and that nobody is forcing anybody to using systemd.

I just asked you how I can do this. And you? You seemingly can only give
those silly, stereotypical, non-technical answers which have absolutely
nothing to do with my question and your first statement.

That's typical for those Poettering fanboys. Still nothing new.

> Complaining on a mailing list isn't going to motivate somebody to help you.

Now I'm complaining? Just twist my words so that it fits to your needs.

There's still the question: How do I get rid of systemd on the mentioned
distros? You said it is possible.

Maybe I will get an answer someday. Honestly, I believe not.

Heiko Baums