On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 08:18:50AM -0700, the...@sys-concept.com wrote

> Question, how much swap should I allocate?  Isn't the unwritten
> rule RAM * 2 so 32GB of swap partition? or RAM * 1.5

  As others have pointed out, that's probably too much in today's
scenarios.  One minimum... if you ever intend to use suspend-to-disk,
you obviously need enough swap space to store the contents of RAM.  In
that case, RAM + 4 gigabytes should suffice.  Otherwise, 8 gigabytes
looks OK, unless it's a server that gets pounded on.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>